Read Full article here
It’s a challenge many designers are faced with. How can I make a successful logo? Here are a good few questions to ask yourself when looking at a preliminary logo design:
1. What emotions does the logo evoke?
Colors can play a big part in evoking emotional response.
2. What’s the meaning behind the logo?
No one ever wants to hear, “because it looks cool”. Find a deeper meaning.
3. Will the logo stand the test of time?
No logo will last forever, but generally a great logo could last up to a couple decades.
4. Is it unique? Can it be instantly recognizable?
Do some research, see what other company logo’s look like in the field. Then make it completely different.
5. How does it look in black and white?
I suggest starting in black and white. It’s sometimes easier to introduce color in after nailing down the design.
6. Is it clear and distinct in small dimensions?
Shrink it down, can you still see it?